- Housed inside a high laminated gloss printed sleeve with printed inners
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- 20 octobre 2017
- + WAV / FLAC
En stock, expédition immédiate.
Blending the furthest reaches of modern jazz and forward thinking electronic music, Clemens Bacher aka CID RIM’s debut album, ‘Material’, serves as both an introduction and an opportunity to reacquaint yourself with the Austrian instrumental virtuoso. A key protagonist in Vienna’s thriving electronic music scene alongside contemporaries Dorian Concept, The Clonious and more, CID RIM has long been one of leading Scottish label LuckyMe’s secret weapons, also providing critically lauded remixes for the likes of CHVRCHES, The 1975 and Sky Ferreira. On his debut full length as an artist however, CID RIM refines a sound all his own, producing a record that’s unpredictable and intelligent, while retaining an insatiable sense of fun.
Opening with the foreboding atmospherics of ‘Clay’, CID RIM allows flashes of his signature synth sound to bleed through the track’s aural tapestry. ‘Surge’ brings with it brash arpeggiated synths that disorientate as they build, showing off Bacher’s capability to fabricate unconventional soundscapes. ‘Surge’ is also the album’s first taste of CID RIM’s impeccable drumming capabilities, creating percussive polyrhythms that weave in and out of the track’s intense synth lines.
On ‘Material’, CID RIM also shows his prowess working with vocals; providing the perfect instrumental storm for NY’s Samantha Urbani on the world-beating ‘Repeat’ and creating a full bodied wash of synths on ‘One Last Thing’, simultaneously elevating the cries of Petite Noir to new heights. Elsewhere, CID RIM explores every facet of the sound he has become synonymous with, progressing them and pushing them further than he has before; the ambient calm of ‘Genesung’, the analog crescendo of ‘Serra Serra’, the reserved dancefloor sensibilities of ‘Furnace’.
Helping to cultivate a vibrant and thriving electronic music scene in his home of Vienna, CID RIM has created a wholly life affirming soundtrack to relatively bleak times for the rest of the continent. No longer LuckyMe’s secret weapon, CID RIM is ready to step out from the shadows to present ‘Material’; a bold, brash and beautiful sum of his talents, woven together to design one of the most positive listening experiences of the year.
- 1 Clay Cid Rim 1:45 Acheter
- 2 Surge Cid Rim 4:28 Acheter
- 3 Zünder Cid Rim 5:38 Acheter
- 4 Repeat (feat. Samantha Urbani) Cid Rim 5:19 Acheter
- 5 Genesung Cid Rim 1:23 Acheter
- 6 Serra Serra Cid Rim 4:11 Acheter
- 7 Mouches Volantes Cid Rim 3:09 Acheter
- 8 Furnace Cid Rim 3:55 Acheter
- 9 ASDW Cid Rim 1:03 Acheter
- 10 One Last Thing (feat. Petite Noir) Cid Rim 3:35 Acheter
- 11 The Material Cid Rim 3:37 Acheter
- 12 Bonus Track - Four Eighteen (feat. Dorian Concept & The Clonious) Cid Rim 3:27 Acheter
- 13 Bonus Track - Swnerve (feat. Petite Noir) Cid Rim 4:26 Acheter